Join my blog! It's Fun and it's FREE, Creative and Neat!

Friday, December 30, 2011

Duke

So I did this project for my mom to give to my dad.  Here's my story- When I was 12 years old, my dad picked me up on night from basketball practice, and here sat this little white powder puff of a puppy in the front seat with him.  I was so so excited!  He was a mix of Chow, Husky, and Samoyed.  I called hime a Choyensky. Lol. He was white like a Samoyed but had the fur, face, and tongue of a Chow. We named him Duke.  I trained him to do all kinds of things, he was the smartest dog I ever had.  After getting married having kids and moving, Duke's pal became my dad.  Duke was with us for along time, but as all dogs age, his hips and legs took a toll.  He was old but still smart as a whip.  When he could no longer stand or walk, a decision that no one wants to make, had to be made.  Duke was with us for 14 wonderful years.  Best dog ever.  He always had a smile.

 So this Christmas, I helped my mom with this project.  We got this picture frame at Bed, Bath and Beyond.  It's perfect.  I took my best picture of Duke and placed it on white card stock.  I used vintage photo Tim Holtz distressing ink.  Then I used Classic Font Cartridge and my cricut expression.  I used the Cricut craft room also for the angling and welding of his name.   I took his collar, dirt, fur, and all and placed it in the window of the picture.  I had to cut his collar in half because the buckle would not all fit.  But I placed the collar in with the picture in the back.  Kept it all in together.  So here it is.  I love it and so does my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment