Join my blog! It's Fun and it's FREE, Creative and Neat!

Friday, December 30, 2011

Crayon Melting "Kayla"




So this is my first video  I have ever made.  And uploaded to Youtube.  I'm not the best but I sure am trying, lol!  So as in the video I kinda explained.  But I will do it again for you!!

I used Cricut craftroom for the angling and welding of Kayla. Used classic font cartridge.  If you haven't noticed, its the only font cartridge i have right now. lol. I used my cricut expression and after I did all that, I traced Kayla on my 10x10 white canvas.  I used painters tape to cover very carefully the letters I just traced.  Alot of little pieces.  I then painted the canvas black.  After it dried, I picked out the crayon colors, rainbow style fading in then out.  I pinned them to the  canvas, placed newspaper everywhere!! And started melting!  How fun.  I got alot of crayon melting ideas in my brain!   So after I did the main melting, one at a time, I pulled out a pin from a crayon held it at the top of the canvas and kept melting.  I did this for every crayon.  My arms got tired. :) So after all of this, I placed it outside to cool alot faster, and then after it was completely cool, i peeled off the tape.  Very very carefully.  Also using a exacto knife.  With the knife, I perfected the edges alittle more, and scraped off and little excess that leaked.  Here is the end result.  Sam helped me with the video, did a excellent job of keeping my head out of the camera! :) Love you Sam!
Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment