Join my blog! It's Fun and it's FREE, Creative and Neat!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

DIY Wall art

Hello there!  It's been awhile.  I've been busy.  But I got crafts up the sleeve!  Here is my video of how to do wall art using canvas and card stock.   This is the first time I have made this and I have imperfections in it.  But I know how to fix it for next time.   Watch the video and reads below.



This is a very easy project.   All I used was a 10x10 canvas that I got from Hobby Lobby.  And I had also got the Tim Holtz card stock pack. 




I used the card stock at 12x12.  I also used a stapler for extra hold.

What I did was measure and scored 1 inch around all the edges of the paper.  To give the extra bend around the canvas. 
Then I Modge Podged the top of the canvas and placed the canvas on top centered within the center of the paper.  I pressed down firmly around the bottom of the canvas and the canvas itself.   Then I glued around the edges bending the paper around the canvas.  I also used scissors to diagonally cut the corners to fold the corners around the canvas.    I smooth out the edges and then bent them again to wrap around the bottom of the canvas.  I then used the stapler to give it extra hold. 

I flipped the canvas back over and then Modge Podged the whole canvas and sides.  Let it dry.  I place it under a desk light to help speed up the process.  




I have wall art!!

Here is a close up of the card stock




Hope you enjoy!  Comment below to let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment