Join my blog! It's Fun and it's FREE, Creative and Neat!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

DIY Lily wall art

Hello there!  I made this wall art for a little girl's room.  It was a birthday present for Lily from my daughter.  My video is at the bottom on how I made it!

I have a 10x10 canvas, a card stock pack I got from Wal-mart, and Basic Black card stock from Stampin' Up! that I used for the letters.


I first cut out Lily using my Cricut Expression.  The cartridge was Classic Fonts.  I believe I cut it out at 5''.  I can't quiet remember.

Then I scored the flowered card stock 1'' around all 4 sides.  I then Modge Podge all over the canvas and smoothed out all bubbles that I could. 
  I glued, (I'm just gonna say glued because its faster.)  the edges and stapled them down on the back.  I folded the corners in and stapled them too.
Then I glued the top of the canvas/ card stock and completely let it dry.  Glued on Lily and also went over that.  Let it dry and..

poof!..

DIY Personalized wall art!



And here is a close up of the flowers.  They have glitter on them.  The paper came like that.


Here's my video!   Hope you enjoy and give you your own ideas for your projects!



No comments:

Post a Comment