Join my blog! It's Fun and it's FREE, Creative and Neat!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

More crayon Melting using Cricut Expression

 So here is my how to step process of crayon melting that I do.  I am totally into doing crayon melting right now.  Ideas are just flowin.  I used my Cricut Expression to cut out the words, I have Winter Wonderland cartridge in.  I am also plugged into CCR (cricut craft room )




I traced them onto the canvas and then used painters tape to cover the letters I traced.  This one I worked on, Sam did Family, I helped her with it.




 Then Sam and I pinned on the crayons and started melting.  When I was done melting, I put the canvas outside to cool and harden.  (Not necessary but I choose to do it.)  I then peeled away the painters tape (VERY CAREFULLY) using a exacto knife.  Also I would scrap some edges and unnecessary crayon the was left behind in places it should of not been.


Here is Sam's.  Colors used are a rainbow selection.


Here is mine, colors used are light brown, dark brown, medium brown, and dark red colors and black.  Small pieces in random order pinned to the canvas.



The wine glass in this one is from the French Manor Cartridge.  But the letters are Winter Wonderland.
These were xmas presents for Sam's a aunt's.
Here is my how to video.  When I uploaded, edited, and uploaded it again.  It changed some how.  It's not exactly like how I have it in Window Movie Maker.  But most of it is just showing more process.  It's super speedy.  I wish Apple would create movie software for PC like what they have on their Mac's.  That would be awesome!!

So here's my video- enjoy.


I hope you enjoy it!  We worked hard on it.  Good Job SAM!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I love how it looks! Totally artsy!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!!! And I love the music in the background. What is that?? I want to watch your video again just to hear the music :)

    ReplyDelete